Sunday, November 9, 2014

& sometimes nature stings

It wasn't predicted that it'd rain today.
But I grabbed my boots anyway, because when it comes to you there's always a slight chance.  
I painted my nails red that whole year because it reminded me of you. what you were.
Danger.
But you always looked nice.
I'm not pretending though that I don't know you're a tornado. You know exactly what your doing, spinning me in circles 
Round and
Round and
Round.
And I've seemed to have lost everything I thought I knew. And I didn't think letting you in gave you permission to move me.


You're the leaves in the fall. And those days are always cold. Different pieces of you getting blown away from me little by little everyday.
Don't deny it. I can feel you leaving.
And I'm running outside in panicks screaming your name. trying to collect all of your pieces, gathering them all in a pile.
Cause when you come back I want to be the one you can count on to help you find yourself.


I bet you forgot I told you I was here though. 
Who can blame you, its not like I was ever on your list to kiss.
And
I,
you,
and
we,
all know nothing except that is ever on your mind, is it.


Ya see baby, now you've got me gettin' cold.

Cause we're talking about your heart.


And I bet my last breath, the doctors are looking everywhere for you. You've got so many hearts that you've stolen. I know from experience, not one gave them to you with permission. And maybe someone forgot to mention to you,
I needed that heartbeat to have that breath. 

But you stole that away too.

So I'm left here swallowing the tears that I keep telling everyone is rain drops. Laying in all the pieces of you.
and I've been wondering if I still want to remember what your smile looks like.
I've come to the conclusion you've left
 these pieces behind for me to remember you by.
and I hope you don't expect a thank you.
Cause it's colder than I imagined just laying here.


I thought maybe the sunsets would bring me the warmth. We use to just watch them, cherishing every full minute.

Because we understood how quickly they got bright and how shortly they stayed around to be seen and enjoyed.

And I never thought I'd be relating this to you.
 but yet again

Watching the sunset is like watching our ending.



You always said,
the many different bright colors fading out sealed the deal of "happily ever after" within a day. 

But at the end of it, all I feel is cold, dark and sad. 
And maybe this is all the imagery of what coming to a real ending feels and looks like. 
And all I can say is...
I can't wait for the night to stop raining.
for the sunrise to come.

8 comments:

  1. because when it comes to you there's always a slight chance.

    Danger.
    But you always looked nice.

    I just want to keep writing this.. Mmmm so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh this is so relatable. Thanks for saying all of the things that I've been thinking but didn't know how to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with jane addams. And also,

    "So im left here swallowing the tears that I keep telling everyone is raindrops" yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Because when it comes to you there is always a slight chance."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't quote you on this cause id have to copy and paste this whole thing. This is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm not pretending though that I don't know you're a tornado."

    "Round & Round" How I always feel, but I never knew it could be put in such simple words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SERIOUSLY UNREAL. "And I've seemed to have lost everything I thought I knew. And I didn't think letting you in gave you permission to move me." This was relatable to everyone who has and will read. I didn't really want it to end. Don't even say anything again about how you have trouble with writing, who cares how long it takes when it has that much power

    ReplyDelete