Sunday, September 21, 2014

loved out of love


And you smelled like fresh baked pumkin cookies and you know I love those.

Your arms around me was the sound of the waves crashing into the pier.
Your hands are the every beautiful detail in that painting I get lost in.
Cause, oh baby you were all of my favorite everythings and anythings.




 

 
Your eyes. My gosh. Those eyes. They sent me spinning, catching me in a whirlwind but at the same time kept me balanced. The blues and greens like the scenery of my favorite hike.
NEVER had anyone looked at me quite the way you did. You're eyes spoke a thousand silent whispers of all the things I'd ever want to hear and needed to.
Your name is a smile. Your laugh is a wrapped up puppy on Christmas day.
 
Our canyon drives. Those were my favorite. Sunday evenings, me, you and the trees. The times you'd confide in me with your secrets, go off on random tangents, talk about your childhood. You were everything I loved but didn't know I would. You are the sunrises I wake up extra early to see and the sunsets I'd never miss a chance to take a picture of. Because you're best at night and in the morning when I'm the first and last thing on your mind. (And that sounds conceited but I just like believing it too much to not say it.)



 
 
All we can do is hope for a redamancy love. And if you've got it well most of us hate you.

 
Cause most of us are just bitter over someone.
I know I am.







 
The butterflies you took them with you, asking for permission must of slipped your mind, I never saw another.
The stolen glances your eyes screamed hate, regret and betrayal.
Your name makes me fall to my knees hating the sound of it.
The jealousy is a never ending song way too much overplayed.
Your face when you see her and her and her and her then... me.




Love ended like a surprised flat tire. And there were still places I wanted to go.




You took my breath away and damn you for doing that. I wanted to breathe. Feel alive still.





Ya see love killed me. But love also made me alive.




4 comments:








  1. this hit me on practically a spiritual level.

    this is my favorite line, but it was so hard to choose.

    Love ended like a surprised flat tire. And there were still places I wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And there were still places I wanted to go." mmmm yes mmm yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jealousy is a never ending song way too much overplayed.
    I'm always a little jealous
    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up redamancy and it's my new favorite word. This post is love.

    ReplyDelete