Sunday, December 21, 2014

Now you see me

I pictured this revealing as an ending. But actually introductions are always how stories begin. And it's been raining all day. Washing away all the lies and uncovering all the hiding spots. And I've been thinking how it's making things clear. 


We've learned we're all just the same. With broken hearts and big dreams. Wanting to be real and thinking step one was to hide. And we're all wrong.
Cause step one is bravery. 

It is okay that you're broken. and mad. and fell into love. and sad. and lonely. And hurt. And scared. And dreaming. 

Paris has been whispering it all along. And just because it's time to go and we got a new destination listed on our plane ticket doesn't mean we have to forget the voice,
This is for you... 
Have you found you? 

To Paris: 
Thanks for sparking in us the dream. For helping us find the courage to finally start the beginning of the story. 


It starts out with an introduction:

Ashley Martin 

10 comments:

  1. ASHLEY. I love that this is you. I adore this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been one of my favorite blogs all semester.
    I love your style of writing Ashley and thanks for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ending line. I love it. I love your blog. And I love putting your face to the words now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ashley.
    literally worship you.
    nicest girl alive and your writing is just as nice and amazing as you are. love love love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley I love you dearly and I'm so happy that these words belong to you. Its true, the first step is bravery :) thank you for yours. You are truly inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite person ever.

    also just noticed your blog picture. it's so powerful. especially for these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "But actually introductions are always how stories begin."

    Never thought of it that way but you are absolutely right. Nice to meet you, Ashley:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the comments it's nice to meet you Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessssss I love that this is you cause I absolutely love your blog, such an amazing writer. And yes we are best friends cause same last name whooo

    ReplyDelete